Monday, November 29, 2010

I Like The Penguins

Contribution by Jacques Carr

I live in West Virginia, but my favorite hockey team is the Pittsburgh Penguins. We are only about an hour from the new Consol Arena where the games are played, but it sure is tough to get tickets with games always being sold out so quick. We are up here on a mountain ridge and the weather in the winter can really bring some deep snow. It doesn't matter, because we don't miss a game on our satellite TV from http://www.direc4u.com.

I've been a Penguin fan since I was a teenager. I started collecting trading cards at around 12 and have actually made a decent living buying and selling sports memorabilia. I had no idea there was such a market for the stuff until I started seeing trends on the Internet auction sites. As long as there is proof of an article being genuine, then it will go at a good price.

The Penguins stuff probably would sell without a problem. However, I have a hard time parting with it. I've been following the team through their ups and downs over the years. I can remember when Jarmir Jagr couldn't speak English, and no one could pronounce his name right unless they heard it spoken. I even remember when many spelled his first name as “Jamr” instead of “Jaromir” as it is now.

I watched guys like Sidney Crosby grow up in the game. Sid The Kid really was just a kid when he started. Now he is loved by Pittsburgh Penguin fans no matter what state they happen to live in.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails