Thursday, October 28, 2010

Texas Rangers showing why they belong in the playoffs

Post contributed by Toni Jensen

So I went to watch Major League Baseball on my satellite tv from www.bestchoicetv.com/satellite-tv/tx/ and what did my wondering eyes behold but the Texas Rangers managing to blow a four run lead in the top of the eighth inning in game one of the most important series of that franchise's history. Still I also got to watch them win the second game pretty easily as they took a five run lead into the later innings of that game and the bullpen was able to hold it. I love the Texas Rangers and I am not ashamed to admit it. I'm also not ashamed to admit that at least some of my love comes from my early years of fandom when I was watching the ageless Nolan Ryan strike out a ton of batters while throwing no-hitters and beating up Robin Ventura

That means that I have followed a Rangers franchise that has been pretty bad for a good portion of my life. Sure they have won some games here and there and have even gone to the playoffs from time to time, but for the most part they have been a bad franchise who badly needed to find a way to get over r the hump. It was good to see a team that had never been to the ALC overcome what could have been a back breaking loss by winning a blowout in the following game.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Mel Alarilla said...

I am not well versed with baseball as basketball is my passion. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Mel_Cole said...

Nice sport Tsang pero dili mi au sa sports. hehehe. La gani mi TV. Internet ra ko tanan kuha ideas , updates, news and events.

Related Posts with Thumbnails